Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lesbian couple get Disney ‘wedding’


By Miu

 

One Japanese lesbian couple has become the first same-sex couple to have wedding ceremony in Tokyo Disney Resort.

Although usually one of them has to wear men’s clothes, they both wore fairy-tale beautiful white dresses.

 

“My love Hiroko and I wore wedding dresses and had a mini parade in Disney Sea, a place I love,” Koyuki Higashi, 28, said on Twitter. “I was really happy!”

This was the first same-sex wedding in the amusement park, even though gay marriage is not allowed in Japan.

Koyuki said that they do not have the right allowed by law to get married, but when someone congratulates them for the wedding, she can express her thanks proudly.

It was surprised that both two women wear wedding dresses, but Disney Resort said there would be no problem with the ceremony.

 

Higashi posted photos from the celebration on her Twitter site, showing both brides wore white dresses and accompanied by Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

 

 

I chose this article because I am just watching “The Little Mermaid” on abc family channel. I just wanted to write about Disney.

 

Although Disney is popular in also United States, overwhelming popularity of Disney in Japan cannot be compared with American situation. Teenagers go there with their friend, couples go there for celebrating their commemoration days, families also go there with children and nowadays, there is one course for over 40 years old- it is called an Adult ‘girls’ plan-. Anyway, everyone in Japan loves Disney resorts.

 

However I have been to Disney resorts in California and also in Florida, I think that the customer services of Tokyo Disney resorts are the best of all. It is said that Tokyo Disney resorts’ services are the highest quality in the world, many companies follow their examples and there are many books written about the services of Tokyo Disney resorts. (Incidentally I may say that if you ask employees who are cleaning up the park like ‘what are you doing?, they may answer ‘I am collecting a piece of stars. They never forget that their job is to give dreams to every customer.)

To return to the subject, I was really surprised this news and I was really interested in it. It is always said that ‘Tokyo Disney Resorts never says No” but I did not think that they are so flexible like this. I think that it is difficult for American Disney resorts to do the same things but Japanese people do not care about gay people or gay couples, so they can do it. It cannot be problem in Japan. Maybe if Disney resorts said ‘No’, it would be bigger problem. This is peaceful country, Japan. Anyway, this is very happy article about Disney resorts. And Arial is being happy now in my TV, so I just finish writing.

 

(Lesbian couple get Disney ‘wedding’ Retrieved from: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/03/07/national/lesbian-couple-get-disney-wedding/#.UxK478JWFMs)

No comments:

Post a Comment