Sunday, February 2, 2014

Why Good Advertising Works?

By Miu Toyota

In his article, ‘Why Good Advertising Works (Even When You Think It Doesn't)’, Nigel Hollis writes about influence of advertisements.

 

People usually do not think they are affected by advertisements. Because everybody does not like to think that advertisements influence them easily. However, companies would not make an investment in anything that they do not think that it is useful. Companies pay a lot of money for something that it is useful. People usually think that companies advertise to make people do right now, but it is wrong.

Good advertisements do not make controversy but they make good impression or recollections. Companies use good images, sounds, and stories to make viewers’ attention to their advertisements.

There are two types of advertisements. One type focuses on the newest news to make viewers to buy something immediately. Another type focuses on creating good impression to influence viewer for a long term. Their purpose is not to make viewers buy something now but to create good idea for their brand.

Usually people do not pay attention so much. However, when people or their friends want to buy something and talk about that, and then people see the advertisements on the road, the impression or memories about the brand will be problem.

It is often happened that people remember about a commercial for a long term, the memories of advertisements can last for many years.

The influences of advertisements for us are not so much but we are influenced by it surely. We cannot commit to memory about too clear advertisements, but attractive advertisements can influence us for a long term. People do not notice though.

(‘Why Good Advertising Works (Even When You Think It Doesn't)’ by Nigel Hollis

Retrieved by:http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/08/why-good-advertising-works-even-when-you-think-it-doesnt/244252/)

 

I choose this article because I just love learning about advertisements or marketing. This writer believes that people do not think the advertisements influence us but I think people usually know that how much advertisements influence us. We are surrounded by a lot of kind of advertisements and we always decide to buy by seeing the advertisements. Anyway, I agree with almost all part of this article because I still remember several advertisements which are created about 10 or 15 years ago. I still can sing one commercial song which was my favorite commercial when I was in a nursery school although I have never bought this product…

 

 

If you are interested in this article, you may also enjoy this website.

(‘20 Creative, Interesting, and Amusing Advertisements’ by Emil Agarunov

Retrieved by: http://psd.tutsplus.com/articles/web/20-creative-interesting-and-amusing-advertisements/)

No comments:

Post a Comment